Following careful examination of various formats for and feedback on online competitions and consultations with BCPA adjudicators and other parties, the BCPA Board of Directors has determined the following format for the February 20, 2021 BCPA Online Mini-Gathering:
- Will operate in the same format as the November 7, 2020 BCPA Online Mini-Gathering (i.e. submission of competitor recordings to YouTube)
- Competitors in the Grade 1 Piping, Grade 1 Snare Drumming, and Intermediate Tenor Drumming events have additional requirements as follows:
* will be required to perform their music event in real-time, at a given time on Feb 20, 2021 according to a posted Order of Play
- Specifically, competitors in the Grade 1 Piping, Grade 1 Snare Drumming, and Intermediate Tenor Drumming events will be required to conduct the following steps:
* join a defined Zoom meeting for their event at their given time, which will be hosted by a BCPA Digital Steward
* turn on their recording device
* announce information pertaining to the BCPA February Online Mini-Gathering, date of recording, competitor full name, grade, music event, and tune(s) they will perform
* perform their music event in real-time. Tuning will be permitted for competitors in the Grade 1 Piping events, per the defined tuning time in the BCPA Competition Rules
* when the competitor finishes their performance, turn off their recording device, and exit the Zoom meeting
* within 4 hours upload their recordings to YouTube and submit their performances YouTube links and tunes names to the BCPA online system for this information
Registration for the 2021 February BCPA Online Mini-Gathering will be announced and become open by January 2, 2021.
The format for the 2021 Annual Gathering on April 2 & 3 will be announced during the week of December 14.