A reminder that the entries closing date for the 2020 November BCPA Online Mini-Gathering is October 23.
Full details can be found at the 2020 November BCPA Online Mini-Gathering Registration.
BCPA would like to clarify some of the points in the 2020 November BCPA Online Mini-Gathering Information Guide.
Important items of note include:
- All players are expected to play in appropriate highland dress and on their full instrument, except for those in the Beginner grades who are to perform on practice chanter or practice pad, particular to their music discipline
- All players should consider playing indoors for best sound and visual quality of recording
- Place camera approximately 10 feet away (3 m) and camera (or microphone) about ear level
- When possible, try not to play on hardwood or tile floors (consider putting a blanket on floor if no other option)
- For this competition, except for the Beginner grade, snare drummer competitors must perform with live or recorded piping accompaniment
- For this competition, except for the Beginner grade, tenor drummer competitors must perform with live or recorded snare drumming accompaniment
- Players must record and submit their performances videos and music details in the period November 1 to November 7 at 4:00 pm Pacific Time
- All submitted videos must begin with the player clearly stating: that the recording is for the “BCPA November 2020 Mini-Gathering”, the date of the recording, their full name, grade, music event, and tune(s) they will perform
- Please ensure that you review the complete information guide before creating and submitting your video to ensure all requirements are met