Due to the on-going COVID-19 world-wide pandemic, the BCPA Board of Directors has approved the ability for existing members and new members to receive a 30% discount in the regular fees for all categories of BCPA Membership for the 2020/21 season.
The 30% discount can be attained by entering a particular discount code (code to be communicated very soon) at time of renewing membership or taking out a new membership.
In addition, the BCPA Board of Directors has approved a 50% discount in the regular BCPA pipe band membership fee for Performance Bands (pipe bands which perform for community events and do not compete in BCPA sanctioned pipe band competitions).
A Performance Band membership enables:
- Participation in the BCPA Outreach & Education seminars at a reduced rate,
- A listing and link on the BCPA website to performance band’s website or primary social media account,
- Performance at ScotFestBC – The British Columbia Highland Games and other highland games across the BCPA region to showcase the performance pipe bands,
- Participation in the BCPA annual online pipe band leadership forum involving competition and performance bands in the BCPA region
- Keeping connection with the BCPA Initiatives for Education and Player Development and opportunities to influence the direction and content of these programs
This initiative is part of BCPA’s on-going support for the development and advancement of Performance Bands within the BCPA region. The discount can be attained by entering a particular discount code (code to be communicated very soon) at time of renewing membership or taking out a new membership.
Finally, while all categories of BCPA membership come up for renewal on October 1, 2020, BCPA is changing the initial notification dates for reminder emails to the following dates:
- October 1, 2020 for Active, Associate, Junior, and Family memberships (i.e. for individuals and families)
- January 1, 2021 for Pipe Bands and Highland Games Associations
We encourage all members, past and current, to utilize these discounts and rescheduled renewals periods to be able to take part in the 2020/21 season in whatever form it may take.
Thank you for your continued support of the BC Pipers’ Association and continue to watch for news on upcoming online competitions and educational programs.