Full details can be found at the BCPA Online Performance Assessments Registration Now Open here.
BCPA would like to clarify some of the points in the BCPA Online Performance Assessments Information Guide, the updated guide located here.
Items of note include:
- All players are expected to play on their full instrument, except for those in the Beginner grades who are to perform on practice chanter or practice pad, particular to their music discipline.
- All players should consider playing indoors for best sound and visual quality of recording.
- Place camera approximately 10 feet away (3 m) and camera (or microphone) about ear level.
- Try not to play on hardwood or tile floors when possible (consider putting a blanket on floor if no other option).
- Drummers do not require accompaniment for assessment.
- Drummers consider listening to a piper playing your tune in headphones when recording.
Please ensure that you review the complete guide before creating and submitting your video to ensure all requirements are met.