A Drum Major workshop will be held in conjunction with the February Mini-gathering on Saturday, February 15. This workshop is for any band members or persons interesting in learning the role of a Drum Major and the basic functions of the role.
The proposed topics will be as follows:
- The role of the Drum Major
- Basic requirements
- Basic mace signals
- BCPA involvement and structured learning
- Massed band set up at BCPA sanctioned Highland Games – importance of band involvement, dress, deportment, etc.
- The workshop may also be of interest to band managers and/or pipe majors to learn more about massed band participation.
- There will be time for open discussion and questions through out the session.
Time: 11 am – 3 pm
Location: Pitt River Middle School Gymnasium
NOTE: participants must wear soft shoes. Hard shoes are not permitted on the gym’s floor