BCPA would like to notify you of the following upcoming activities and events:
- Tuesday, September 18: The Mandatory Promotions Lists for solo piping and solo drumming competitors will be posted. Band promotions will be posted by the end of September
- Wednesday, September 19: Online entry for the 2018/19 Mini-Gatherings opens
- Wednesday, September 19: 2018/19 season BCPA online membership application & renewal opens, and hardcopies of the 2018/19 BCPA Membership Application & Renewal form, Pipe Band Roster form, and Release/Transfer/Add form will be posted
- Saturday, November 3: 2018 Grand Aggregate Awards Ceremony and first Mini-Gathering will be at Pitt River Middle School in Port Coquitlam, BC
- Saturday, November 17: BCPA AGM followed by the BCPA Volunteer Recognitions & Annual Ceilidh, all at Simon Fraser University Burnaby Campus
Further details will be provided later.
Finally, BCPA is introducing the following changes to its online membership and events management systems (Wild Apricot) to improve efficiency:
- For the 2018/19 Mini-Gatherings online entry, registrants must use an email address that is associated with a current BCPA individual membership, otherwise the system will not permit entry
- Beginning next year with online entry for the 2019 Annual Gathering, the system will automatically apply BCPA non-member fees to competition events registrations that use an email address that is not associated with a current BCPA membership
- Beginning October 1, 2018, BCPA is switching to the credit card processor Stripe from PayPal. Stripe is a well established credit card processing service with customers such as Amazon, Target, and Expedia, and non-profits such as NPR, UNICEF, and Oxfam. In addition, BCPA used Stripe to accept online donations during the livestreaming of performances at the 2018 Boney Music Memorial Invitational Piping Competition & Recital and the 2018 Annual Gathering.