Hello Community Band Enthusiasts!
The Fair at the PNE is pleased to announce the Community Band Festival will return in 2017. During the inaugural run of 2016, seven bands from across Metro Vancouver performed for fair goers during the fair. Fairgoers gave them enthusiastic support and all the performers had a great time.
The 2017 PNE dates are August 18 through to September 6. Every day, at 4:00pm and 5:30pm, a band will play in the Festival Park, either on the parade square or stage. bc
Participating bands will receive the following:
1. Fair admission for all performers and support staff ($17 value)
2. Complimentary Ride Pass Package ($44.75 value)
3. On Site Equipment Vehicle Parking
4. Off Site Performer Vehicle Parking with shuttle to and from the fair.
5. Access to a green room near the performance venue on the day of performance.
Last year, the announcement of the festival was late in coming but this year, with more time to plan, the hope is every day will see one of the fine community bands from across BC on site to entertain.
If your band is interested in participating in the 2017 Community Band Festival, please contact me as soon as possible with your preferred performance date and one or two alternates.
PNE Community Band Festival Coordinator