This page contains BCPA Membership related forms and links to online membership application/renewals/payments for the 2014/2015 season.
We hope you have enjoyed the programs and services the BCPA provides. We also hope that you will renew your membership to continue supporting the activities that have made the BCPA one of the most respected and progressive piping, drumming and pipe band associations in the world.
Changes to the BCPA 2014-15 Membership Application-Renewal Form
This year there have been a number of significant changes to the BCPA 2014/15 Membership Application/Renewal Form.
- New Criteria for Active and Associate Membership
- Based on legal advice from BCPA’s Honorary Legal Counsel, the criteria for Active and Associate Membership on the membership form has been revised to more accurately interpret and reflect the criteria for Active and Associate Memberships defined in the BCPA Bylaws.We encourage all adults applying for or renewing their BCPA memberships to examine the new criteria closely, determine the most appropriate category for your situation, and provide supporting information where required.
- Return of the Instructor field
- To assist the Association with programs for instructors, we have reintroduced a field to the membership form for members to identify their piping and drumming instructor(s). This applies to individuals and bands.Please complete this field so we can identify current instructors across our region and provide them with information and programs of interest.
- Targeted Donations
- In the Donations section of the membership form, we have identified areas of particular need within the Association. We have also created an “Annual Advancement Campaign” that identifies a new particular need each year to build and enhance the Association’s services, programs and support activities. If you would like to support one of these areas, please check the appropriate box. If you would like your donation to go to the general operations of the Association, please leave the boxes unchecked.
- Finally, if you would like to establish a Bursary or Endowment to be named in recognition of a particular person to annually support a piping and/or drumming cause, initiative or program, the membership form includes contact information for us to assist you with your generous gift.
- The British Columbia Pipers’ Association is a registered Canadian charity and all donations greater than $20 will receive a Canadian charitable tax receipt.
- Talents and Skills Survey of Members
- For decades, BCPA and its members have greatly benefited from non-piping and drumming talents and skills volunteered by members.
- This year we have included a section on the membership form where you can identify talents and skills you have that you would like to contribute to the Association. Members may be intrigued to learn that the Association needs all these types of talents and skills to continue offering the diverse range of programs, services and support activities that we do!
- We have also included a check box if you would like to assist with general activities at BCPA events.
- Please consider volunteering your talents and skills for the advancement of piping and drumming throughout our Association.
- Compliance with the new Canadian Anti-Spam Law
- BCPA must comply with the new Canadian Anti-Spam Law that went into effective on July 1, 2014.
- The Consent section on the membership form has been updated to notify you that BCPA will provide you with electronic communications pertinent to BCPA activities and that you have the option to unsubscribe from these communications.
- However, unsubscribing is not recommended as the electronic communication means used by BCPA is the primary channel for communicating important Association information to you (e.g. annual and special general meetings, membership renewals, competition entries, etc)
- BCPA Member Satisfaction Survey for the 2013/14 Season
- As in previous years, the membership form includes a link for the BCPA Member Satisfaction Survey for the 2013/14 Season. BCPA welcomes your feedback on our performance in delivering services, programs, and support activities to you during the 2013/14 season. The BCPA Board of Directors acts upon the results of the annual surveys to improve/revise the services, programs and support activities we offer.
- Dues Rebate Drawing!
- Please renew your membership and complete the survey by Saturday November 15, 2014 to be eligible for three random draws of a rebate of your 2014/15 membership fee (to a maximum of $65).
NOTE: If you are an existing member, log in, then click “View Profile” to get an option to renew your membership for 2014/2015. After October 1st, the renewal options will be presented automatically. Refer to the screenshots below for helpful steps to renew through October 1st, 2014 before the end of the season
Rebate for Membership in a Local Piping Society BC Pipers’ Association encourages you to support the activities of your local piping society. Within the BCPA’s competition sanctioning jurisdiction there are four such local piping societies acknowledged by the BCPA: Kelvern Celtic Society (BC Interior), Vancouver Island Pipers Club (Vancouver Island), Washington Pipers Association (Washington state), Oregon Pipers Society (Oregon state). Information on rebates is now available on the back of the membership form.
Pipe Band Registration and Roster
BCPA Pipe Band Roster form 2014/2015
Updated: reminders to all bands competing in BCPA sanctioned competitions:
If you send in your pipe band roster using another format, you must submit page 2 of the official Pipe Band Registration and Roster form signed by an authorized representative of the band.
Per BCPA Pipe Band Competition Rules, band rosters must be submitted to BCPA by March 1 each year and are to only include playing members (see the Band Registration & Roster form for more details).If new players are added or existing players removed during the season, an updated roster must be provided using the above form along with a completed Release/TransferAddition form(s) below. Note that proof of a player’s release from a band outside the BCPA jurisdiction of BC, Washington, and Oregon is not required.
Transfers between bands within BCPA must use the Release/TransferAddition form. Both the releasing and the gaining bands must provide updated rosters to BCPA.