What: The BC Pipers Association “Indoor Meet” is held on the Friday and Saturday of the Easter long weekend. The Friday features solo piobaireachd competitions, professional drumming and a recital featuring the invited judges. Saturday events are the remaining solo events, a full band competition and the ceilidh in the evening.
Latest News and updates:
2014 Order of play posted
Visit the home page and click the links to the Friday and Saturday orders of play.
2014 Program Available:
Schedule of events:
Online registration to be active by end of day Saturday 2/22/2014: Purchase tickets to the Adjudicator’s concert Friday, the Saturday band contest and the Ceilidh here: http://bcp3a.cloverpad.org/ click events, and register. The event tickets are near the bottom of the page once you provide an email to register.
All events can be purchased online, including ticketed events for all performances including the band competition.
Note: to add multiple competitors on a single registration, use the “add guest” button near the bottom. More info is in the events help page on the registration site if needed.
** NEW VENUE: Friday and Saturday events and activities are at **
** Clayton Heights Secondary School, 7003 188 St, Surrey, BC V3W 7J1**
NOTE: There are NEW events and several events have changed days.
Please examine the entry form carefully
Important highlights from 2014:
- All events are at a new venue: Clayton Heights Secondary School, 7003 188 St, Surrey, BC V3W 7J1.
- NEW: Beginner Tenor Drumming has been added as a pilot event at BCPA sponsored events in 2014. It is limited to competitors who have played in the Beginner grade for less than 12 months and who have not previously competed in a non-Beginner tenor drumming grade in solo competition. Each competitor shall perform the event accompanied by one side drummer only (no piper). Each competitor shall perform the indicated BCPA Massed Bands Tenor Drumming Setting (includes rhythmic and flourishing requirements) which will be published on the BCPA website by February 28.
- NEW: Special RSPBA Band events have been added for bands graded Novice Juvenile, 4B, and 4A by the RSPBA. Only adjudication sheets will be provided. There is no entry fee and therefore no prize monies awarded. Bands must also compete in their BCPA graded band event.
- Doors open one hour before competition starts.
- Friday Competition begins 9 am (Adult events and Piobaireachd for Grades 1, 2, 3, & Pro)
- Friday Competition begins 4 pm for Pro Side Drumming and Pro Tenor Drumming).
- Depending on number of entries, events may start earlier. All events subject to time change.
- Competing Pipers’ Association Combined B & C grade events return for non “Junior” (CPA) members
- Grade 4 Band is a Medley contest this year
- The Super Aggregate winner of the 2013/14 mini gatherings and the Annual Gathering in Grade 1 side drumming will receive up to a maximum of $600 CDN toward an airline ticket to Glasgow, Scotland or Kansas City, MO to compete in the World Solo Drumming Championship or the Midwest Highland Arts Fund Winter Storm competitions.
- The Super Aggregate winner of the 2013/14 mini gatherings and the Annual Gathering in Grade 1 piping receives up to a maximum of $600 CDN toward an airline ticket to Ontario to compete in the George Sherriff Memorial Invitational competition
- Orders of play for Grade 1 and Professional Piping and Side Drumming, CPA B&C, and Bands will be determined by random draw. All other events are first to enter, last to play, with all entries received by 11:59 pm March 3 considered to be randomly received on March 3. The random draws will take place on Tartan Day April 6 at 6 pm and will be live streamed on the BCPA website.
- Live Streaming is planned for some solo events and the Band competition.
Watch last year’s events online!
Watch the events both days on our new ad-free streaming service at this link, sign up for an account to interact during the event:
Piping Hot Summer Drummer
is providing one week tuition scholarships to the Most Promising Piper and Side Drummer at the Annual Gathering.
Times are subject to change, updates will be added here and on Facebook and Twitter if necessary
Map / Directions to Clayton Heights Secondary School
The first Annual Gathering was held in 1933. Further historical information can be found on the BC pipers History page.
Some of the past winners of the trophies are listed on the Annual Gathering Trophy History Page.
April 2012 Live Stream recordings