The BC Pipers’ Association Annual General Meeting will be held in the afternoon before the Professional Piping Knockout competition on Saturday, November 10, 2012 in the Caber Feidh room (upstairs) of the Scottish Cultural Centre.
The Scottish Cultural Centre is located at 8886 Hudson Street, Vancouver, BC. Registration will begin at 1:30 pm and the meeting will commence at 2:00 pm.
Please note that you must be a current (paid-up) member of the BCPA in order to have voting status at the meeting (Active, Life, Pipe Band, and Highland Games Association are the only types of membership with voting status). Visit the Membership page to renew or join in advance.
As a result of the Special General Meeting in late September to revise the BCPA bylaws, the agenda for the AGM is now as follows:
- Reading of the minutes from the 2011 AGM
- President’s Report
- Finance Report
- Reports of all BCPA Committees
- Dissolution of the current Board of Directors
- Election of President (2 year term)
- Election of Vice President (1 year term)
- Election of First Slate of Directors (up to 5 for a 2 year term)
- Election of Second Slate of Directors (up to 5 for a 1 year term)
- New Business
- Open Discussion
Your attendance is appreciated. Also, Active Members are requested to consider running for a position on the Board to bring their skills and knowledge to support and advance the work of the Association in promoting piping and drumming